Introduce Kyrgyzstan as an excellent region for bivouac flights. Evaluation of known routes and discovery of new ones.
Dates and region: Kyrgyzstan, Chuy valley (Kyrgyz Ridge foothills), 10th of June 2013, 3 to 5 flight days.
Three-days-minimum bivouac flight on Kyrgyz Ridge from Chuy valley towards Issik-Kul lake.
What is covered: airport transfers, transport and retrieve (jeeps, vans), accommodation (ski resorts), pre-flight briefings, route planning, Radio support: Emergency Frequency, Retrieval Frequency. Meal: three meals a day, lunch box for all flight days.
Proposed route - subject to change due to weather conditions
- Start - ski resort Toguz-Bulak (start from the top of ski lift (ski lift will be in operation))
- Landing - ski base camp “Orlovka”, overnight at the hotel, end of the main stage
Total: 80 km. - linear distance
Day 3 and day 4 and 5 (on request)
- Start on base camp “Orlovka”, flight in Boom ravine (landing due to situation and weather conditions)
- Rest in Balykchi town
- Flights above (and around) Issykul lake - depending on weather
Participants will need
- A national license or IPPI
- Certified: paraglider, harness, helmet
- 2 m. radio
- Insurance (travel or extreme) - required
- Log-book or link to a flight server (to recommend the appropriate group)
- Personal first aid kit - recommended
- Participation fee includes actual costs, no profit for organizers included. Detailed calculations are open information and accessible by participants’ request.